Saturday, July 28, 2007

Horse Sense! My Quiet Red Girl!

"I love the horse from hoof to head from head to hoof and tail to mane I love the horse as I have said from head to hoof and back again." James Whitcomb Riley.


This past week, ending July 15th, was a strange one! They are expanding the stable at Breezy Acres and all the horses were fine with it -- mellow, though interested. But I had the setback in lessons! I had three riding lessons and each one I was nervous and goosey, anticipating Violet to be shy! But no, she was rock solid!! On Saturday, there was a dump bin by one door to the ring, and the beams for the new barn at the other door along with blowing plastic and new things to look at! And Violet took it all in stride. Tomorrow I have another lesson and it's a new week. I am going to put this small bump in the road behind me and just focus on riding my lovely red girl and enjoying her spirit and energy! Note on July 28th, 2007 -- since this blog entry, Violet and I have had some terrific lessons and lots of bouncy, working on impulsion kind of fun. So, this previous entry was just a small bump in the road!