Saturday, July 7, 2007

Horse Sense: Violet in Training!


My sister and I travelled with Emma and Clara to visit my mom and dad on June 23rd through July 2nd. Violet was in training with Stephanie while I was gone. She said that Violet was a quiet, good girl who was a pleasure to ride. She relaxed into her bit and gave her face. She moved out in a floating, but controlled fashion. She responded very well to her aids. Stephanie rode her in a slow twist wire snaffle. I am writing this on July 3rd, and I rode Violet tonight out in the outdoor ring. She was lively and fun and joyful. She responded to the bit, but carried her head high. We had some excitement when she saw fresh sheet metal laying in the grass for the new stable addition they are planning, but we ended our ride well and in control and big loose figure 8s!!! I look forward to starting lessons again tomorrow. I get to see Stephanie ride for a bit and then try Violet with a new bridle and bit!! From Parelli, "There are only 2 kinds of people in the world: horse people and the other kind!"