Friday, November 21, 2008

Early Morning Turnout, Breezy Acres


b This video is again from June 11th and I am writing on August 28th. In this video, I refer to Renny as perfection itself and he certainly is. He's really the sweetest little guy -- was from the very beginning, from his very first drawn breaths. I know that I relate the story of his birth as an icky thing -- how I saw his little white-encased legs in the diver's position. How he lifted his little head after a bit while he was laying against the back wall and began weaving his head like a confused dinosaur. I relate the story as though it were an icky experience. But it never was. It was always just wonderful, wonderful. From the very beginning, very beginning, I've been nothing but blessed to have this little guy in my life.

When I see this video now, I can hardly believe how much Renny's life changed by the end of that week. The video was done on Wednesday and the very next morning, Stephanie and I reached an agreement that I should move along. And Renny was moved to Showgate that Sunday. I'll never forget how shocked and surprised and baby outraged he was as Tom had him in a big hug with his tail gripped tight. Renny shrieked like a school girl as he was loaded onto the trailer. And I'll never forget how surprised he seemed to be in a big outdoor pasture with dogs, other horses, people in those first few days. And I'll never forget how wonderful it was all this past summer to arrive at 8:30 in the morning with a cup of coffee to find that Derek had let the little herd out and that little Renster was already making his rounds of the pasture, grazing, visiting the trees, testing the creek, following the girls, encouraging them to think of him as the stud!