Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

All right, today was a busy day. I woke up, went to the stable, let out the fillies, my girls, Titan, and Renny. I visited with Barbie, Tom, John, Scott, Conor, and Brian. I went grocery shopping, and bought salt blocks for my horses. And I raked, raked, raked, and mowed, mowed, mowed until I had winterized my home! Then I spoke to Elena! She successfully bought a house, so she'll be in her own home by Christmas! I smoked a cigar. I made a beautiful yummy cinnamon-tinged Blackberry cobbler. I facebooked some friends. I got a message from Barbie that the horses were tucked in after a nice long lovely Fall day outside.

Here's something exciting about this day. As I was raking leaves and dragging them to the front of my house, I saw a big old hawk with a squirrel in its talons. It flew low and huge into the tree across from my house and I followed it down the street for about a block. Here are some grainy photos of it which do not do it justice. It was this huge bird with a huge squirrel. Makes me think twice about letting my cats out into the garden!

Anyway, Namaste to you all. And thank you to all our soldiers and veterans.