Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Windmills in the Dusk

It is 11pm and Senator Barack Obama has just been declared the next President of the United States of America. He is our President-Elect and will be our 44th President. I heard Jon Stewart say that he has 297 electoral votes and now I am watching Senator McCain give his concession speech. He referred back to the public outrage when President Theodore Roosevelt invited Booker T. Washington to the White House. He hopes that we accept this moment in history, this amazing moment in history. And he is sorry that Senator Obama's grandmother didn't live to see this great day for her beautiful boy.

I am glad that my vote helped turn Wood County Blue. And I am glad that we have President-Elect Obama. But I had an opportunity to vote for two women on the Green Party ticket today and the values of the Green Party are dear to me. So, I think that it'd be nice to celebrate President-Elect Obama by being grateful for democracy, and grateful that I get to vote, get to decide whether I am a loyal Democrat, or a moving thinking roving voter in upcoming elections. I hope that before I pass that I get to enjoy a woman president! At this hyperlink, you can read more about the Green Party!

Now, what last thing do I want to say before retiring for the evening? I want to say that I wish President-Elect Obama well as he addresses what the New York Times calls a failure of the government to protect its citizens. Bless his work in the coming years, bless him as he helps end our wars, strengthens and stabilizes our economy, secures health insurance and care for our dependents. Bless him as he works on global climate instability. Bless him as he helps us channel what President Lincoln in his First inaugural address called "the better angels of our nature."





http://www.gp.org/index.php