Thursday, November 6, 2008

Renny's First Vaccinations!


Yesterday morning, bright and early, Dr. Zimmerman and his assistant came to Showgate Stables to give Renny his first vaccinations. Renny was really unimpressed. He did not like the shot in his neck, and he backed his rear end up to the wall to avoid the shot in his rear. He didn't like Dr. Zimmerman getting fresh and feeling for his "berries that are ready for picking" and he didn't like his temperature being taken just because he had an early morning runny nose! He let the vet know about it by raising his head high and firing out uncomfortably in a sideways fashion. But he was adorable and handsome and fat and sweet and I felt badly for him! It is tough growing up and having to put up with intrusions!

Anyway, today was perfection of a day, bright, sunny, warm, the leaves are rustling and golden and falling. It was a miracle of a day. So, I went out to the stable and kissed and hugged my little fella and put him outside with his girlfriends, and then I rode the spectacular Violet who really is a gem, a big glowing red darling girl. Tom said that she was a special mare and I have to agree. I love riding her. She's so sensitive and intelligent and eager to please. She and I are a good team!

And when I put her back outside with her friends, she trotted off and then broke into a canter to catch up to Hailee, Annie, and Easy. She just looked so radiant and red and healthy, and so regal. I am so lucky to share in her heritage and to be her friend! And I am lucky to have the privilege of little Renny's trust! Namaste!