Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Here is a photo of Hailee and Renny, taken by Jane Marie in Ren's first week of life. I am posting this today, Easter Sunday 2009. Last year this time, I was anticipating and dreaming and planning for my little boy. I was driving out to the barn at night to do midnight bedchecks. I was sleeping at the barn to check on Hailee every two hours on a consistent basis. I was spending time with her in her stall, looking at her expanding figure and giving her love, my poor uncomfortable maiden mama. And I was praying and dreaming of a beautiful Spring. And it was a miraculous spring. Today, a year later, on this wonderful Easter, I had brunch at Barbie's with her kind family, I went for a stroll with I-Fen through our town and shared a cup of tea, and I planted sunflower seeds. Today was another miraculous day. Many warm blessings on the heads of my human family, my friends, and my darling family of creatures.