Friday, April 10, 2009

My Good-Hearted Violet

Okay, so I am writing this entry on Good Friday of Easter Weekend 2009. And I am writing about my Good Girl, Violet. She had a busy week and at every moment, she showed her love, dedication, sweet spirits, and talent. Barbie returned from Equineaffaire and put my girl back into training. On Monday, Violet and I had a wonderful riding lesson in which she was happy to do lovely upward and downward transitions and she practically skipped over the ground poles. Then for three days straight, she practiced pulling the cart and standing perfectly still until told to "walk off!" And then yesterday, she just showed her very good heart. She had a big lunging lesson on free rein and then with side reins. And then after that very long lunging lesson, she pulled a cart in the beautiful sunlight for 1 1/2 hours straight. She pulled willingly, sweetly, proudly. She was light of foot and light of feel. She was responsive. She pulled me alone and Barbie alone, me and Barbie together, and then she even pulled Chelsea, Montgomery, Lindsey, and Lindsey's mom. And she never did anything but put her ears forward with happiness and obedience and trot with joy. She is my most beloved girl. I visited her early this morning to give her a big kiss and thanks and here she is in the photo at the crack of dawn, coming in for a big kiss. What a special thoroughbred!