Saturday, April 11, 2009

Joe and Elayne's Passover 2009!


I am one of the luckiest most blessed girls I know. This week, I attended Joe and Elayne's Passover which is just so much fun and so very meaningful. Here is a photo of Joe and his sister, getting treats ready for everyone at the conclusion of the feast. And here is a photo of a chocolate Seder Plate with strawberries! Can you believe? Anyway, every year that I have attended has been so special. The first year, Joe sang and was spectacular. Last year, the Seder meal was very special for me because I was waiting for Hailee to have Renny. And this year, I really enjoyed attending because little Ren was 11 months old and has given me so much joy. I liked feeling the connection over that year. This year's celebration was also wonderful because Joe and his sister prepared the telling of the story, and his dinner companions sang and sang and sang. Two guests also played fiddle and piano, so the evening felt like the best of times in New Orleans.