Friday, April 10, 2009

Third Foal of 2009! Good Morning!


Okay, last night, Barbie texted me and said that Tru Luv, the last in-foal mare had started labor. So, I went to the barn and met this little fellow! He was so sweet and working very hard to stand and take his first sips of milk and pass meconium. He was such a beautiful boy with very long legs in those first few minutes. I was very glad to meet him.

So, this morning, I snuck out to the barn early to spend a few minutes with my herd by myself with my morning coffee. These photos are from this little fellow's very first morning. His mother was seriously injured and Barbie worked hard to help her recuperate, so this little foal is genuinely a blessing and miracle! And let me tell you, his hair is silky and soft and his little muzzle is sweet to the touch! Namaste!