Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Beautiful Winter Girl



Here is a late February photo of Hailee and I am writing this note on Sunday, March 7th. Hailee is a wonderful creature. On Friday this week, she and I worked a little trail class on the ground in the indoor arena. She was backing carefully through an L shape and worked happily over double poles at the trot and canter. She's gentle and sweet and funny. She's having these ferocious spring heats that are rocking her world. And we had some mud this week, so she looks like a war horse. She's just covered from hoof to ears in mud. She looks like Henry V's war horse. A real work of noble muddy art! Anyway, I've been trying to make positive changes in my life and focus on what would be helpful to her and me. So, I put her up for sale on equine, dreamhorse, and NASPR sale pages and talked to Janet, Stacey and Coy about her. I figured I don't have to feel guilty about finding her a job. I am her safety net. I'm trying to find a safe and happy job for her, so that she has love, comfort and purpose. But if I don't find a home for her, I will be happy to have her in my life forever. She's just a wonderful beautiful girl! But I tell you, it has been a busy week putting her on all these webpages and representing her!