Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sweet Potatoes and Dish Towels!

I am writing this entry on March 30 and the weather was sunny and beautiful, but cold today. The day also had a fog rolling into the morning -- the kind of fog that's not there at first and then starts at the top of the treeline and then descends into completeness. It was wonderful.

So, I went and had a wonderful ride on Violet on this day and when I returned Mr. Chandler came by and gave me sweet potatoes to start the seedlings for transplanting in mid-April. He instructed me how to approach planting and growing sweet potatoes. And I am very glad for such a knowledgeable and kind neighbor and gardener.

And a few days ago, I saw Marita and she and I chatted over cross buns. We discussed how to keep fleas off of Zelia and the cats and how to grow organic pickle cucumbers and what we are going to do differently with our gardens this year. And she gave me dish towels that she had made. I shared Thelma and Louise eggs with both Marita and Mr. Chandler.

I really love my animal companions and I love my gardening neighbors.