Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Renny with His Saddle

Okay, so I am writing this post in late March. I've probably already written about this, but I want to discuss Renny's spring vet appointment again. He was such a little gentleman. And he was cute and funny. He was so surprised and intimidated by Dr. Zimmerman's height, so he was just peering up at him. He stood quietly for every procedure. And he was so knocked out by his shot. He had to have one wolf tooth taken out and I felt badly for him. When he came out of his medication, he came up to me to give me a happy nuzzle and kiss and he got my hand all bloody. That's when I felt bad for my little man.

Another funny story I want to tell is from a week or so ago as well. I was teaching him to be patient by the mounting block and I walked him up to it for the first time. But he wasn't paying attention, so he didn't see much stepping up to the top. The next thing he knows, he turns around and I've gone from standing next to him to towering well above him. He took off like he was the Roadrunner in a cartoon. Four legs spinning and zip -- you could see the cloud of dust shooting out behind! So, I know it was mean, but I had a hearty wonderful laugh at my startled fella. And sure enough, he couldn't care less if I climb up on the mounting block and squeeze him between the wall and mounting block, as long as he can see me. He's a smart young sensible pony.