Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Little Red Man


I like this photo taken in March of my coming 2 year-old. You can see his sweetness and his character and his cuteness. And you can see his strength as well as his winter scruffiness! I was worried about him a bit last week (as I write this on March 30th) because he'd broken free from the cross-ties and I worried that he's like his mother -- that he learned he could do something bad and so would do it at will. So, when I saw him on Sunday in the rainy day cross-ties, I felt like we had to commit to his goodness. And sure enough he was squirrely and nervous and annoyed and pulling, but then he just calmed himself down and was fine. He didn't make a fuss and waited patiently for his grooming and cuddling. And he watched with interest as I groomed his mother. So, I think that he knows that the world is a good place and that he ought not to be too naughty -- just naughty sometimes!!