Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bold Box Jumper! There's Your Hunter!




Bold Box Jumper!

So, I'm writing this entry on Sunday, September 9th. We've had a difficult week with many transitions. We're at the end of summer and it's been a great summer.  In this photo, you see Kelsey giving Violet a relaxed summer training ride and the video shows them jumping the box.  What a wonderful summer and blessing.  And so I gave Violet a week's vacation.  And this past Thursday, she had her first Thursday night lessons with the ladies.  We had to do these drill exercises on a circle with three other riders.  It was awesome. Violet was agreeable, listening, talented.  She was adjustable. She paid attention to my eyes and seat and was careful about her distances and pace.  She was just a hoot!  So fun to ride!  And then in the jumping component of the lesson, Violet and I did well, but we showed what we needed help with -- I don't sit back when I'm asking for a downward or a slowing and Violet sometimes likes to rush a little.  So, Jill told us to keep my hands low and wide like training hands and ride her over the jump that way -- and Violet traveled even quiet sweet and with good solid pace to the fence and Jill shouted, "There's your Hunter!"  I felt very proud of Team Tenderness!