Monday, September 17, 2012

My Soft Wonderful Pony!



Here are some August 3rd photos of Renny with his favorite trainer, Kelsey.  He was enjoying his last few weeks with her before she left for Law School. You can see him moving sweetly and roundly through his work.  This past Saturday, September 15th, on a gorgeaus sunlit cool Fall morning, I had lots of fun at a riding lesson with our new trainer, Jill Jewett, and Gay and Mary and their mounts, Shorty and Fez.  Renny was great about his warm-up and worked very hard to make sure he would round around my leg.  He did an hour glass pattern at the trot and canter like a pro and he was just delightful for his leg yields -- soft, correct, willing.  We weren't permitted to do flying lead changes because Jill wants to teach me how to do them correctly.  She says that Renny may have the button, but I need to know how to ride any horse to ask correctly.  It was a really fun lesson.  We all felt like we learned a great deal!