Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jumping Big Oxers



Jumping Big Oxers

Here are photo and video from this summer's work with Kelsey.  You can see my mare being soft and round and loving and obedient.  You see her working hard.  But we had some training difficulties over this summer. I've felt less confident and sometimes Violet rushes to the jumps.  So, though she can jump bigger and she's always working hard to take care of me, I haven't felt as though we were looking like a soft sweet hunter team.  But we have a new trainer now who is focusing on taking a step back and helping me work to get her to really listen.  I've been able to tell her that I know that I'm not soft toward the jumps and that I'm clamping down and driving her forward -- that I give her a full message to charge the jumps -- which she does obediently.  So, I am really very glad for the help on tweaking our jumping as part of our larger training!