Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect



Practice Makes Perfect!

Here are a photo and video from Violet's summer work with Kelsey.  She looks so soft and sweet and pliant.  She's such a wonderful mare.  She's so intelligent and kind.  I'm proud of her.  I learned a great deal from Kelsey this summer about riding with an active leg, trusting the warm up, using the seat and legs first before hands, riding with training hands, letting her stretch long and low, expecting and demanding that she not hold onto a rein or lean into a leg, practicing moving straight and true.  I want to honor this teaching and I have to figure out how to take care of my girl because I think she will need care for her joints - traveling straight and true might be difficult for her, though she brings her best heart to her work!