Monday, August 13, 2007

Breaking News! Broodmare Blues!!

So, I am getting ready to go to Kentucky for a few days! I haven't been there since last October, long before Hailee was bred! So, I am excited to see my friends and see my girl!

Anyway, Barbie just called to tell me a funny Hailee story. Hailee is usually out in this big 70-acre pasture with the other broodmares. And they all, of course, have "gone native." They only come to the fenceline twice per day for oats.

So, Barbie went out to the back pasture to bring Hailee up for my visit. She put her in the smaller pasture right by the house and stable with two other maiden fillies -- one of whom was Hailee's best friend at Showgate, Faith. Well, as Barbie put it, my mare has become a fat cranky diva broodmare. She won't speak to the maiden fillies. She just pins her ears and pouts by the gate. And gets fatter by the minute.

I am so proud! I own a cranky diva broodmare who is gestating her foal in Paris, Kentucky! You don't even want to get me going on this topic. I will ramble and ramble and ramble. Namaste Namaste!! Double Happiness!!