Thursday, August 9, 2007

Breaking News. Moibeal is sick


This morning, Moibeal did not greet me with her happy annoyance -- happy that I was awake to feed her, annoyed because I wasn't up earlier. I called and called for her, but she wasn't around. I found her downstairs hiding and sick. She had been throwing up everywhere and was down. She wouldn't eat her breakfast and just curled up. She was gaunt. She got up just a little bit to drink tons of water.

She is now at the vet, staying overnight at the hospital. Her X-Ray was okay, but her creatinine and BUN levels were just a little high. The vet is hoping that she became ill through some poisoning. I was silly and had flowers on my dining room table from the Farmer's Market. She was chomping on them over the week and hit them hard yesterday. So, maybe she made herself a little ill. I will keep you posted. If things go well, she can come home tomorrow.