Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Wood County Fair -- A Jockey in his Off Season!


Just look at that mountain of curly fries!!! Where does he put it all!!!??


Yesterday was the last day of fair. We are really in the dog days of August now. I went to see Violet yesterday, and we rode, but we were hot! Just sitting the few feet higher on her made me feel like I was in an attic!! Then I went home and worked on the weeds in my happy garden. I got half the garden weeded, while I was listening to Patti Smith, and in the background I could hear the tractor pull competition from the fair! After I weeded, I put down newspapers and straw. So, half my garden looks tidy and sweet and happy, and the other half looks like it's in a fight for survival with weeds!

Today is a riding lesson with Miss V and then I'm going to finish that garden weeding! Just two weeks more and I'll put up canned tomatoes!