Saturday, August 18, 2007

Horse Sense: Having Fun with my Red Girl!

Today is Thursday, July 26th, as I write this entry, toward the end of our second summer together! Violet and I have been taking lessons 3 times a week and have been having lots of fun. We are becoming a team. She is a hard-working girl and she's beginning to put it all together. She's sweet and agreeable. And I am trying to put it all together too! What's fun is that she really seems to like Whinny Widgets. I will put out the dressage markers and the ground poles and as I'm setting up, I'll let her stroll the ring. She likes to check out the markers, mouth and move around the poles. She seems happy. And she's so smart about lunging. She does voice command and really pays attention. We are enjoying our time together! She is really a good girl about trying to hit her mark!!!