Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mom and Baby!


Here they both are, shortly after moving to Showgate. Baby loves his grandma and his mom, so he hangs out by the fence next to mama, waiting for grandma to come and give him some love. He's just so painfully cute. He makes me so happy, such a cutie!
I am writing this post on Sunday, June 29th. It's a gorgeaus day and I'm getting ready to go see my equine family. We've had nothing but rain for a week, so yesterday while I was at the barn, we saw this beautiful dark blue and grey storm come over the barn with lightning. I spent the day at the stable with my two mares and my little guy. Anyway, here's the punchline! Yesterday was exactly 8 weeks since baby joined our planet. His farrier arrived yesterday to trim his hooves for the third time since his birth! Renny was fantastic, just fantastic. He let us move him around very politely. He stood quietly. He was friendly and sweet and obedient. He stayed out of trouble. And while his mom's feet were done, he stood quietly by his grandma! After he was done with his trim, he stood close to Ricky, his farrier, and the farrier leaned over and gave him a big hug and rub on his shoulder. I could tell that my little guy was tuckered out, but happy to have been hugged and loved.