Monday, July 28, 2008

My Second Garden Kicks into Gear!


So, it is July 28th and I'm busy making my garden and yard beautiful. I had painted my shutters and door bright red and then put down red mulch around my front beds. And I was in the back yard today, checking out my herb garden, compost bin and garden. And guess what! I grew a melon! There it is, looking all big and juicy! And there are a dozens of little melons growing on the vine, getting ready to serve as my breakfast and lunch! I also grew cucumbers, but they are sort of freaking me out. I don't know how big they are supposed to get, so I have several monster ones and now I have a fleet of little ones, getting bigger by the minute!

Anyway, tomorrow I am bringing some of my canned products from last year to the Fair. I am going to exhibit a photo of Renny and Ruthie and then my Corn Relish and Chow-Chow Relish! I am a Fair Exhibitor as well as published author this month!!!