Monday, July 21, 2008

My Kind Violet


Here's a photo and some footage of my unbelievably good mare, Violet. We've been having nothing but rain, so she and I were trying to figure out where and how to ride on this day. The ground out in the outdoor ring was too hard because it was freshly rained on. And so here we are in the footage, taking a quick walking spin around. We later rode in the indoor ring. My life is so good with Violet. She's the best sort of company. Yesterday, I graded exams out at the barn and set up my chair by her stall door. She just set her face close to my knees and chatted and goofed and played with me. And then later, I stood by her window as she was watching the wind chase over the grain field, cars pass by, and birds play in the pasture, and she just put her muzzle on my head and we just hung out. She's the best of girlfriends!



d