Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Sweet and Social Violet





Here's my girl, giving her first friend at Showgate a little June love. Can you tell that they really like and trust each other? Violet was durned happy when she arrived at Showgate last year. I will never forget. Tom and Barbie had picked her up while I was out farm-shopping. When I got to Showgate, she was in the first stall with the window open and she was agitated. She snorted and burst around her stall in big power spurts, nervous and unsure and suddenly realizing that she'd gotten onto a trailer without me and was just lucky to end up at a place she recognized. But the moment she met Sedona and was turned out for the first time with her, she was purely happy. Last year at this time, I was taking photos of Sedona and Violet hanging their sassy cute faces over the fence, declaring their independence, but asking for love! Good friends.