Monday, October 26, 2009

Sadness

I am writing this entry on July 6th, Monday. The weather is perfection itself and my horses, cats, and dog are healthy. My mom is celebrating life with my sister and nieces and nephew. But I am feeling sort of sad. A few Fridays ago that Appaloosa who lived in the pasture in the final curve before Showgate passed away. An elderly woman was caring for her as she passed. And so I feel badly that I won't see her anymore. But in the strangeness that is life, Barbie spoke to that elderly woman and we may end up being able to borrow that pasture for Showgate horses who want to be out 24/7. Barbie and I will walk that pasture later this week.

And the other thing I am sad about is that my sister and I are broken, separated from each other. We are having a hard time. I am not part of her life right now. As I write this entry on July 6th, I pray that separation will pass, will repair itself.