Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting Good Advice from a Good Person

So, here are two photos from August 31st, Tuesday morning.  In the first photo, you see Renny's trainer sitting as quiet and still and peaceful as you please as Renny practices cantering at a pretty good, but relaxed clip.  Beautiful!  And in the second, you see my pony casually glancing over at me, relaxed, satisfied, calm, and recognizing me as a member of his herd.  Just seeing this photo brings a sting to my eyes.

Anyway, what's my point?!  Well, Coy has brought a richness of perspective in my life.  I've been telling him about problems I've been having with Violet in the early mornings as we prepare Renny.  And he is very sage.  I asked him why they were happening and he just sounded like a Buddha about it -- they just are.  It doesn't matter.  They just are happening.  And that they will be easy to fix if I just focus in a disciplined relentless relaxed way on fixing them.  He made me feel much better.  And he pointed out to me that Violet was a very special mare -- very intelligent and kind and friendly.  And that she was well-behaved as compared to most horses.  And so I would be able to work on making her light and responsive, I could work on bringing to her what Renny  has in such untarnished plenty.  My big gift to Renny was having Coy as his trainer -- he is making that pony so soft and responsive and willing.