Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Skinny but Vigilant


I'm writing this entry on Thursday, September 2nd, and I have to say that I am a bit worried about my beautiful cat.  He is struggling with his weight again.  When he comes to snuggle with me at night, I can feel his little two hip bones like tiny points and I can feel all the bones along his spine and he's lost lots of muscle and weight mass in his shoulders and thighs.  He's still got good energy and a good appetite and he takes his medicine well, but I think he might need a bit more tweaking on the medication or treatment front.  I think that he's having more problems with his kidneys because the urine output has increased and he is avid about drinking water in the morning, after breakfast.

Now, that said, I would like to focus on the things that he cares about.  He still takes amazing care of us all and manages the household routine.  He still makes sure that he snuggles with me at night, resting on my chest with his heart pressed against mine, or comfortably at the foot of the bed, or best of all, with his butt facing me and his tail tucked under my chin.  And he still has strong opinions about how things are running -- he is disgruntled that I haven't let him out in awhile and annoyed that I haven't dehydrated catnip yet.  I need to improve my household management!  What a good beloved boy!  I am blessed to have Jackass in my life!