Thursday, October 21, 2010

Keeping Him Going

So, if you're a middle-aged lady going through menopause and you have been brilliantly blessed to have a young trainer who in one moment can make your pony canter as sweetly as that and in the next moment break into a completely relaxed sleepy calm little square halt, you have to ask yourself -- will I be able to help this pony along on his training adventures?  Will I be able to cut the nervous cord that runs from my heart and mind right down into my tailbone?  I sure hope so because though he's a perfect little dumpling and adorable and well put together, who knows how long it will take to find him his new home.  I may be riding him to keep him moving along for quite awhile.  Coy says that he will be glad to help -- and I am glad for that, but I will have to "pony up" too as it were!  ;) 

The nice thing is that Renny has demonstrated nothing but willingness and calm, so he offers me joy at the prospect of riding him!  Coy believes in me so I will trust that Renny believes in me too! 

Oh, a nice thing (of the many many many nice things) that has been said about Renny yesterday from his trainer is that he thinks Renny will sell fast because though the market is really really bad for okay and bad horses, the market is always and still good for great horses -- and Renny is a great one.  See why I like our trainer so much?!  Thanks, Coy!