Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our Wonderful Tuesday


So, this morning, August 31st, I went out to the barn to watch Coy train Renny.  My pony had just been worked the night before and then put up for the night and then we were right back the next morning to train on him.  It's real clear that Renny just loves and cares about Coy.  He was all soft-eyed and happy and agreeable and trying to playfully lightly sweetly kiss Coy.  And then he just walked out all quiet and calm and sweet to work without any delays at all.  He loves his trainer.  And, so he had a beautiful workout -- walking, trotting, cantering, groundpoles.  Everything done with ease, calm and love.  And at the start of the training session, Coy tried hard to be nice to me -- he asked what I might like to work on with Renny and instead of taking it as a compliment, I had a mini-meltdown -- why ask me!?  He's the trainer!  And that's when Coy said that he felt that I'd come a long way and that I was ready to be Renny's trainer and that he had confidence in me.  I was really surprised and wished that I had been nicer about my compliment.  I am going to really really fiercly really mega miss my mornings with Coy and Renny.