Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hailee Starts Over!



I am writing this entry on September 14th and so many things have been happening lately.  Violet and I are having wonderful fun working on our transitions, halts, lightness and jumping.  Renny is becoming a wonderful working pony who I have had 7 rides on as of this morning for a total of 36 rides for him!  And Tracy, Hailee's original mom, wants to work with her and ride her and get a feel for her again which will be super exciting.  So, I am going to start working with Hailee all over again.  I feel bad for her that I got her when she only had 30 rides under her belt after being terrified at that one farm.  She deserved a better trainer and beginning -- but at least she had me.  And now I have a few more arrows in my quiver.  So, I've decided to help bring Hailee along with longing, natural horsemanship ground manners and desensitization work, and some saddling and mounting, so she will be ready for Tracy later this Fall.  Oh, and here's something wonderful -- when I worked her this weekend, I saw sparkling glints of her colt in her -- the same look, expression, and softness of eye.  I was thrilled!