Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Hardworking Mama


I am writing this entry on Sunday, September 12th and this photo is from September 2008, showing my girl getting ready to help her son by going to a American Sportpony Inspection.  She earned a blue premium at that event and was very focused on helping her son do his best and earn his papers.  Anyway, today I went out to the barn and rode Renny in the indoor arena and trotted and circled and figure 8'ed.  And it was awesome! I had a wonderful flatout happy time.  And I was happy afterwards because I cleaned my western saddle and had a joyful moment remembering that over 30 years ago, I was using that saddle to ride Snowflakes Princess, so that was a nice moment too. 

And then, I went and got Hailee, figuring that she needs time and attention and a workout too -- to feel purpose in her life.  She was so delighted to be picked over Violet and happy for her grooming.  And she was completely satisfied to work at Parelli.  She played the games with interest and then she seemed so eager to please and she had a soft eye, as I jumped her both directions over cavaletti and then both directions over double cavaletti.  She worked hard and elegantly.  She wants to be included among the working horses!  I just love her for that desire. 

And what made me love her even more is that she just kept throwing me some of the exact same expressions as Renny and her eye was soft like his and she worked hard like him, so I felt proud and happy and joyfully filled with love to work with generations of that great family!