Monday, December 20, 2010

So Happy Together!






So, I'm writing this entry on Tuesday, September 14th and we are having a gorgeaus simply spectacular Fall day.  I snuck out to the barn early this morning and worked Renny long-lining and then riding.  We had trouble long-lining because I was stiff and a little hard on him, but we finally cracked the code.  And then Coy showed up to work with Melissa and Blaze, and to ride the trial horse for St. George, and he got to watch us ride.  He thinks we are doing great -- that we are really becoming a team and that I seem more relaxed on him than I do my Violet.  He is going to work with me to help me tweak and refine my tasks and to know the details of what he's doing with the reins and weight and legs, so that I can help develop Renny.  And I was very happy because he said that he felt that I was just a lesson or two away from not needing him at all in order to develop Renny -- that I was doing a great job on my own.  Which I don't think is necessarily true, but I have to say, it was wonderful to be under a beautiful cloudless blue sunny sky on my pony with my friend watching who trained my pony with such a blessed gift and have him praise me for my work too.  I mean, that moment didn't even need a cherry on top it was so perfect!

And then I got my Violet and she was all mellow and cute and happy and Robin called us the "Sanchez girls," and we had a great ride in the outdoor arena -- all light and responsive and quiet.  Violet was light in my hands and listening to my weight and legs and hands and giving and bringing herself up. And then we jumped these 7 verticals and 1 cross rail several times and then put the whole 8 fence course together.  We felt like superstars in the sun.  This morning was a true blessing! 

Plus it was fun to see so many friends -- Stacey, Sandy, Robin, Beth, Baker, Melissa, Coy...I love St. George!