Monday, May 14, 2012

Lots of Beautiful Quiet Snow!



On Friday, January 20th, I was running errands and it started to snow -- a light persistent snow.  I drove to the stable and rode my darling Violet and then drove home in the heavy falling snow.  I was the only one on the roads going home and I stopped and got some Chinese food.  And Baker and Cheri texted me with a wonderful martini recipe named after my beautiful Velvet Tenderness.  And I slept so well, so deeply, but I dreamed long about shoveling!  But that's okay because here are the photos!  I got up super early to shovel out, so I could make it to lessons.  I shoveled while listening to an interview with Jacinto Vazquez, the jockey who rode Ruffian.  It was an amazing Friday night.  And when I got to the barn, Renny gave me a great Saturday morning ride!