Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Buddy's Nose



Here's a photo of Renny on a snowy day in early January.  In the first photo, I want you to pay attention to his nose.  He got a little fungus and he keeps losing hair and it's crawling up his nose.  I live in terror of him either going completely bald, being itchy and in pain, or losing his kissing freckles.  So, we are now using Dr. Z's suggestions about using Malasab shampoo for 14 days.  As of this posting, we've gotten through 2 days.  And it's been dramatic and Renny has expressed his view that he thinks I'm rude, but I have to admit that even after only 2 days, I think he looks a little bit teensy itsy bit better.  And I have to admit that it looks as though there is the slightest lightest little coating of baby hairs trying to grow back. So, I am going to do my best.  This week, I see his family physician at an Equine Owners Appreciation Night.  I am going to ask whether he thinks that Renny needs a supplement or something to help him fight off fungi.  We'll see.