Monday, May 7, 2012

Troubles with Violet



Here is a January 3rd photo and video of Emily working with my lovely beautiful thoroughbred girl.  I am writing this entry on Saturday, January 21st, and Violet and I have had a tough week together.  She's decided that she should scoot away swiftly from the back gate and that she wants to drop her shoulder and cut in and she has a terrible time of just traveling to the left past the gate.  We've ended up fighting with each other.  She made our jumping lesson miserable on Thursday, starting out beautifully, but ending by wanting to dash over the away-from-the gate jumps on the diagonals.  And then I rode her on Friday and we had big fights about the gates and suppling.  And today the same thing -- she was happy to be quiet and sweet until I walked her by the gate.  So, I am feeling pretty sad.  I feel like I might be taking a solid sane good mare and making her a nut who thinks she can misbehave routinely at the gate!  I need to resolve this problem in a positive fashion!