Monday, May 28, 2012

Violet and My Relationship



Here is a January 6th video and photo of my darling Violet with Emily.  She is handily and quietly jumping 2'6" or 2'9" here...I can't remember.  But you can see that she is quiet happy powerful and her knees are bent and even.  Such a lovely girl.  Violet and I had a splash of difficulty in mid-January, but we're working out of it.  I have ridden her a couple of times for brief little splashes of time on a loose undemanding rein -- just to remind her that I don't always want to make her work hard and that she should feel free to take care of me!  Make smart decisions.  She likes when I do that type of reward.  And this week, as I write this entry on Sunday, February 5th, she was a real sport.  She gave me a great Monday lesson and then in our Thursday lesson, she was terrific.  She had to be ridden with just a single hand holding the reins and really listen to my seat ask for upward and downward transitions.  And I had to ride around and around and around with my one arm out.  It was great!  Violet though it was great sport!  And she was happy to be sensible and true about jumping, though we were working hard on trotting in and trotting between jumps and staying straight.  It was really good!  I just love my girl!