Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cute Winter Rears!


Here's my little man, with his best girls, chewing on a fallen tree limb. He totally digs his girls. I am writing this on January 31st. I went out to the barn this afternoon and Renny was indoors because he had escaped his pasture yet again and Lexie had saved him from his curious self. I was ambivalent, experiencing a weird mix of pride in his resourcefulness, playfulness, bravery, and intelligence and sad and upset with his flat-out pony naughtiness! But anyway, Barbie, Lexie and I tried putting him out with Shelley and Mona's geldings and they just chased him down and made him fall on his rear as he worked to get away. He didn't seem scared, but he sure didn't seem happy. So, that's out. As I write this entry, I am waiting on the solution to this temporary problem. What a troublemaker this darling boy is. I am so glad that he is a part of my life. And let me tell you, I remember with happiness how glad I was waiting in these weeks for his arrival last winter. And I remember with happiness the night of his birth! Rotten scruffy teenager!