Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day with My Critters!


Today was a wonderful day. Yesterday, I visited my horses and then went for a walk with a friend and played shuffleboard. I went to bed at 9pm and then was called a half hour later to the news that my friend's lost cat returned after more than a week hiding in the woods. I woke up this morning, happy in my bed with my dog and cats. I walked Zelia, enjoyed my cats, read the paper, visited my horses. Violet and Hailee were wonderful when I ministered to them. I am treating V's gnats and H's thrush. They love each other very much and love me too. I felt so proud as I walked my girls back to the paddock, a beautiful girl on each side, walking happily with their mom and each other. Then I hung out with my little Renny, as Karla, Lexi, Chippy, Taz and I enjoyed the green grass and Spring breeze. Then I worked in my garden for a long time and went for a walk.
And, to put a little cherry on top of my mother's day, I went to a new saddle shop in town and ordered cowboy boots and a straw cowboy hat! I'm glad I placed my order on mom's day! Here's a quote from Mark Twain which expresses my feelings about my horses, "I can always tell what is the front of a horse, but beyond that, my art is not above the ordinary."