Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring 2009!


I've been sleeping with the windows open at night recently and I have to laugh because I wake up in the middle of the night and Jackass and Zelia are standing at the foot of the bed, peering into the dark yard of our next door neighbor, watching the midnight wanderings of the neighborhood bunnies and cats.
This morning I woke up and Zelia and I took a foggy clammy birdsong-filled walk. It was a wonderful Spring start. We're supposed to get thunderstorms today, but the world sure looks beautiful. Yesterday, it was raining a little as I went to the stable, so I collected the mares and babies and then my good old mares in the damp and mist of a brilliant green world. Violet and I hung out together, as I sat on the sill of her stall and we peeked out at the world. She played her "making faces" game. Renny was happy with himself and Hailee was glad to be part of our crowd. We are all very happy for Spring.
These photos and video were taken yesterday morning as I walked into work. They are just beautiful trees! Happy Spring! Namaste!