Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goofy Spring Girls



Here they are, my lovely, lovely perfect girls. They make my heart sing. I just think they are wonderful. Today I worked hard at work. I submitted an article for review, met with a student who is working so hard on her dissertation proposal, got a new computer, had coffee with a dear friend. It was a special day.
And then I went to the stable at 4pm on a cool, but beautifully sun bright afternoon. Barbie showed me how to lunge with side reins to help Violet carry her shoulder. And then we had the most relaxed joyful drive. Violet was light on her feet and light on the bit and eager and happy and even in pace. She did nice tight little figure 8s and worked hard to circle standards. And then we drove right along the length of the barn, laughed happily in the driveway and then drove right up through the stable all its long length. Violet truly knocked it out of the park! We are a great rolling team!