Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Life So Far


So, I'm writing this entry on Thursday, September 9th, and I am feeling very thoughtful and mortal.  And so this morning, I woke up and realized that for as much as my entire life revolves around these horses and my financial life hangs on them that I am literally without doubt having the time of my life.  I am having the time of my life.  That I am tied into their lives and that they know and care for me as I care for them.  And that when I'm finally too old and rickety to ride or to Alzheimery to know much about anything that I'll be grateful so grateful so grateful that I had a friendship with Renny, and a relationship with Hailee, and a real meeting of minds with Count Fleet's granddaughter, Violet.  My herd, from Snowflake's Princess onward, just rocks.  And I had that happy thought this morning as I was sitting on my bed, relaxing and enjoying my time with my New Orleans krewe, Jackass and  Zelia.