Thursday, November 11, 2010

Renny's Ten Minute Ride

I was so frazzled that he'd almost been injured with a saddle under his belly and reins flying and galloping all over the farm and that he'd STILL delivered his very best heart to his work that I went home and cried myself sick.  I was sick all night long and deep into the next day.  But Coy said that I had to ride him for ten minutes just to test the brakes -- to make sure that he was still a sensible good boy rather than a terrified and naughty one.  And so against my judgement, I rode that pony.  And he was a Saint.  A hard-working pony Saint.  But then I gave him all day yesterday off, except for a brief little coffee chat with me in the morning at his pasture.  And now he's ready for light light light work and training!  And I am now his trainer -- with Coy's help, of course, every so often!