Friday, November 12, 2010

Tracy Visits Hailee


The past month has been hectic.  I've got past the 5 year anniversary of my accident.  I've fallen off Violet.  I've seen Renny trained and greenbuilt and filmed for his sales video. I've ridden my own darling pony! I've learned new riding tasks and gotten more into the mindset of being a training rider rather than equitation rider.  It's all been wonderful, but really exhausting!  But one of the super nice events that happend among all this activity is that Hailee's first mom, Tracy, came to visit.  She hasn't seen Hailee since I purchased her, 8 years ago.  So, we were delighted when we went out to the pasture.  Hailee took one look and began to walk purposefully forward.  She took a small step and nod toward me and then walked right on up to Tracy and touched her fully -- a full joyful greeting.  She was happy to see her, as you can see in this photo.  I think Hailee was flummoxed to know that the people who love her in her life, don't disappear forever.  I was very happy on that Labor Day Monday -- Violet and I had a great riding lesson with Kelsey, Renny really cowboyed up and produced a great video, and Hailee was heart touched by getting to spend time with her two moms!  A really amazing tiring mindblowing weekend!