Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Night's Rain



I've been finally working more consistently and better and more efficiently.  And I've been feeling better about myself in many ways.  I am less depressed and I feel like I'm becoming a better rider.  I feel like I'm trying to bring my best to my teaching, research and service.  And so, anyway, I'm writing this entry on September 16th, and last night as I slept, a heavy rain began to fall -- the kind of heavy rain that falls straight down in leisure and that feels like it has fog wrapped in it.  I woke up and it was so nice to be silky with weird dreams, and wrapped in my critters, and happily listening to the rain.  I felt like I would be tired today (which I am), but also very glad about the day, about its possibilities.  And indeed, I cantered my pony for the first time today in both directions...and it was like a love-filled moonbeam.