Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Violet and I go to New Heights!


Here is a November 5th, 2009 photo and video taken a month before I left a bad situation and moved the herd to a wonderful safe comfortable learning environment.  You should see how happy the herd is.  Violet likes having a job, being good at her work, hanging out in a pasture all day, being carefully taken out after breakfast, having her stall cleaned twice a day, and receiving prompt effective attention for her owies and needs.  And she is responding by turning into the most amazing wonderful little hunter under saddle.  I am writing this entry on October 5th, 2010, and she and I have had days of great riding.  On Saturday, we took a lesson from Kelsey, and Violet and I jumped our first 2'3" jump several times without any problems.  And then on Sunday, I rode in our Sunday ladies' club, and we jumped that jump again without any problem at all.  No fluke!  And then last night, I had a riding lesson with Stacey and we practiced for our first show which will be coming up in mid-October and Violet was responsive to whether I was either riding in equitation versus hunt seat.  And then today, this morning, I went out to the barn for a cool morning ride.  Her big beautiful red ears were forward and relaxed and I set up a course with two diagonals, a straight line and a bending line of 7 jumps with cross-rails and verticals.  And two of the verticals were the 2'3".  We were great and happy over that course.  And so now I've had three days of jumping 2'3" jumps and Violet has yet to knock rails down.  She just "pops" over her course.  She never wavers, jiggles, stops...she just approaches with her ears forward and jumps with enough effort and enthusiasm to clear the rails!!  Such a good rocking lovely sweet responsive hunter girl!!!  I love St. George and Team Tenderness!