Monday, January 3, 2011

Team Renegade Rocks it Out!


Here are photos from right before Christmas 2009.  The day was December 20th, so we had spent less than three weeks at our new wonderful safe comfortable home at St. George.  And here's my little guy with his cool winter blanket, all secure with his herd and coming to give Grams a kiss.  I am writing this entry on Thursday, September 16th, and I have just returned from the barn where I rode Renny early this morning.  During the night, we had heavy falling rain and I awoke to dramatic skies.  So, we rode indoors and it was quiet, almost like riding in a cathedral.  We worked for 30 minutes and we trotted big relaxed happy figure 8s and circles, and diagonals.  And we cantered both directions.  I was astonished.  His canter is smooth and even and feels like butter.  I was able to keep my butt comfortably in the saddle and I could tell that everything was going to be okay.  I love this pony.  I sincerely love this pony.  Last night, September 15th, when I was at the barn, Beth came and talked with me about him, trying to figure out how to price him.  She said that she thinks he's just a great terrific pony -- and he is.  She is going to help me find a safe happy home for him where he will be well-trained and productive!  That's all I have to say for now, but let me tell you, when I put my foot in the stirrup and mount, I feel like a queen.  And when I took my foot out of the stirrup and dismounted after our cantering and our sweet communication, I felt like DiCaprio and Winslett in front of that big ol' ship crossing the Atlantic.  Team Rengade felt like the "King of the World!"