Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Laura is Impatient with the Kind Miss Thing


I'm writing this entry on Friday, April 8th of what feels like a horrible week.  On Monday, Violet was an angel in lessons and working hard.  She was having trouble suppling, but so was Parker, and she was giving her game face best.  But on Tuesday, I had to come flying out to the barn right after teaching and I was in a little frazzle and I took my impatience into my lesson.  I wasn't super mean or vicious, but I was impatient.  I got frustrated with her because she wanted to be stiff at the gates and I wouldn't stop leaning, so, of course, she wouldn't successfully downward transition nor halt.  It was a mess made by me.  I felt so rotten because she's been a true blue girl.  And so the next day, Wednesday, I crashed into a big fat depression, thinking that I'm a rotten person and don't deserve her friendship and that I violated her trust and in my mind's eye, I could see that she was trying her best and that I wasn't giving her a fair chance.  So...