Monday, July 25, 2011

St. Renny's Good Week


I'm writing this entry on Friday, April 8th of a very emotional week.  Ugh.  I got a little dose of spring depression and it's been raining all week and grey and I had trouble at work and was disrespected and I had a squabble with the agreeable Violet, so it's been rough.  But you know what hasn't been rough?  RennyRenny decided to take it to the next level this week and bring Grams along with him.  At his Monday lesson, he had to canter a tight small circle of ground poles and he was very willing and able to make that happen.  And he would jump those poles if I leaned forward or canter quietly if I sat back.  And if my big fat butt made him accidently take the wrong lead going over the pole, he would quietly in a flash switch back his leads to the correct one.  And then on Wednesday, he was super duper good at making upward and downward transitions and trotting briskly over sets of ground poles and then breaking into a happy canter over others.  AND best of all, for his own personal reasons which have nothing to do with me, he decided to unleash the perfect heavenly canter on Wednesday.  He was in this light, responsive, balanced, floating, fluid, springy, collected canter that just wouldn't go away -- he went around and around and around that arena in both directions just in a little heavenly float.  I mean, come on!!